Help us build a better future for children in need!
All money donated stays in the local community!
We’re changing lives. Every minute, every day. And it’s all thanks to you!
Your donation is a great investment in our community. All money we raise stays here in the local community of Calloway and Marshall counties. CASA wouldn’t be able to support and guide these vulnerable children without the tremendous support of our sponsors.
There are numerous ways you can get involved to help us help those in need. See below for ideas how!
Sponsor an Event
Friends of CASA
Sponsor our largest fundraising event with more than 250 guests! This fun-filled dinner also offers a silent auction. The event will take place on April 26, 2018, and we’re looking for help of all kinds. Donations of decor and silent auction items are appreciated, volunteers to help planning and preparing the auction, as well as setting up the day of the event, is also welcome.
CASA Carnival & Chili Challenge
Join us for a day of Family Fun! There are games for kids of all ages, as well as a Cornhole Tournament. Bring the Heat and prove you have the best chili around in the Chili Challenge. Our competitors and judges take this competition very seriously. Not only do we award prizes for the winners of the Chili Challenge and Cornhole Tournament, but you can also win some amazing desserts in the Cake Walk and win prizes in the costume contest.
You can help with this event by volunteering, competing in one or more of the contests and by being a financial sponsor.
Any gift to help our office run more smoothly is highly appreciated!
Here are some ideas regarding our costs & usage:
- Internet Services $480/yr
- Phone Services $960/yr
- Binder Tabs
- Copy Paper
- General Office Supplies
- Newsletter Printing
- Printing (& ink through West KY Xerographics)
Shop to Advocate
If you love to shop on Amazon, please use this link to support CASA while you shop! It won’t cost you any extra for Amazon to send us a percentage of everything you buy from them.
Bequests Through Your Will
A bequest to CASA by the Lakes is one of the most effective and simplest ways to make a lasting impact on the lives of vulnerable children. You may specify a specific amount or a percentage you wish to give to CASA by the Lakes. If you would like to make such a gift to the CASA by the Lakes, you may include language similar to the following:
“I, [name], of [city, state, zip code], give, devise and bequeath to CASA by the Lakes, a Kentucky nonprofit public benefit corporation having its principal office at 1003 Poplar Street, Murray, KY 42071, [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] to be used for the furtherance of its charitable purposes in the discretion and at the direction of its board of trustees for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
If you are considering making a gift by bequest, please meet with your attorney to discuss the ramifications and, if appropriate, to update your will.
Giving Retirement Funds & Insurance Policies
If you would like to create a legacy for children but do not wish to write a will, you can name the CASA by the Lakes as beneficiary of your retirement account or life insurance policy.
- Retirement account: You can have a positive impact on children far into the future by naming CASA by the Lakes as beneficiary or contingent beneficiary of an IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other retirement account. Please consult with your financial planner or attorney regarding considerations when making this type of gift.
- Insurance policies: Life insurance may be used to create a legacy by naming CASA by the Lakes as beneficiary or contingent beneficiary of the policy. This requires that you complete a change of beneficiary form with your insurance company. You do not have to work with an attorney or an accountant to make this type of gift.
Gift Matching Programs
Participating in a matching gift program makes your donation go further. Many companies encourage employees to donate to their favorite charities by matching their contributions, in some cases dollar-for-dollar or more. Some companies may match gifts made by retirees or spouses of employees.
How Do I Apply for a Matching Gift?
- Ask your company if they will match your gift to CASA by the Lakes.
- Request a matching gift form and program guidelines from your human resources department.
- Complete the employee section of the form and send it to CASA by the Lakes with your donation. If you have made your contribution online, simply complete the form and mail to:
CASA by the Lakes
1003 Poplar Street
Murray, KY 42071
- We will complete the form and forward it to your employer’s matching gifts office for processing. The company will send its matching donation directly to CASA by the Lakes.
- If you have questions about this process, call 270-761-0164.